15 December 1985

DID YOU HEAR ME OR JUST LISTEN?

It’s 
when you 
look at me, 
from the outside, 
I appear composed, 
disciplined and balanced. 
It’s hard pretending all’s ok. 


When looking at me inside, 
I tell a different tale, 
I seek approval, 
I’m insecure, 
anxious, lost 
lonely 
too!

Do you know what it is like 
being a teenager,
in today’s new world, 
where your mistakes 
are quickly 
pointed 
out.

Yet, 
when I 
tried to speak, 
nothing but a 
garbled mumbled voice 
tries to rise above the 
surrounding blended noises. 

Every once in a while, 
it would be nice to hear, 
of things I do right, 
good things I do 
as your praise 
means more 
now.

I 
struggle 
finding me, 
and the person 
I am becoming 
with each and every day 
as I don’t know what fits right. 

I may act like nothing’s wrong, 
but I hide it quite well, 
wouldn’t you agree? 
I learned to hide 
by blending 
in with 
crowds. 

I just need more role models, 
showing how to become 
a man in spirit, 
mind and not just 
body but, 
the whole 
deal.

I 
hope you 
heard my words, 
not just listened 
to my cry for help, 
as it is not easy 
being a teenager now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITE ME

Name

Email *

Message *