09 September 2026

GREETING THE GIFT OF A NEW DAY

I greet the day,
By watching the sun,
Struggle through night’s slumber,
Scramble up the horizon,
Of where the ocean meets the land.

Slowly climbing,
Out of the white clouds,
Forming a comfy bed,
Capturing a good night’s rest,
Not rushing to start a new day.

Once the day starts,
There’s no turning back,
As there is no rewind,
Just replayed memories,
Flashing before my own eyes.

I live each day,
As much as I try, 
I squeeze in all I can,
Hoping to fill all my life,
With passions and experiences.

Every new day,
I greet new people,
Hoping to make new friends,
Learning something new to do,
Or just enjoy conversation.

The noon high sun,
Casting its warm light, 
As heavenly blessings,
Bestowed upon me today,
As I chase only my shadow.
 
I call old friends,
Make a date to meet,
Catch up since our last time,
We all got together for lunch,
Sharing our life’s laughs, tears and fears.

We talk about,
What we ought to do,
Perhaps take a day trip,
Or maybe something longer,
Or simply relive memories.

I call the day,
Just after the sun, 
Welcomes the night’s darkness,
With just my pen and paper,
I begin to write my day’s thoughts.

The night’s cool breeze,
Brings the peace to night,
Calmness settles my thoughts,
Leaving me just enough time,
For today’s quiet reflection.

My written word,
As I always said,
Speaks louder than my voice,
When I have time to ponder,
I reflect and not ruminate.

At the day’s end,
Knowing all too well,
Tomorrow brings with it,
A new set of challenges,
Which again, I will overcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITE ME

Name

Email *

Message *