02 September 2026

TURNING THE PAGES OF GETTING OLDER

The innocence of youth,
Scatters my thoughts all over,
Leaving me more questions of life. 

Age is just a number,
High school seems like yesterday,
I am older now than I thought.
 
When my legs slow me down,
Yet, my mind is still racing,
Life has thrown me an evil curve.
 
Each year is a struggle,
Unfolding answers slowly,
To questions I’ve long forgotten.
 
The tears I cried today,
Planted tomorrow’s flowers,
Showing off all of its splendor.
 
Simply reminding me,
Find life’s beauty to enjoy,
In everything I do today.
 
There’s no time to regret,
Just another lesson learned,
As yesterday can’t be undone.
 
Days pass by all too quick,
There is no sense wasting time,
Worrying about tomorrow.
 
Without any fanfare,
Tomorrow will still arrive,
When arms of the clock meet at twelve.
 
Filling the voids of time,
With a balance of to-do’s,
Of my own and those of others.
 
A check marks it complete,
Not always perfect but done,
The next task waits patiently.

I don’t live in regret,
I ask questions to get facts,
Rather than ruminate choices.
 
I live my best lived life,
Despite endless indulgent,
I make intentional choices.
 
My life remains steadfast,
Like a guardian’s promise,
Of a long well lived complete life.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WRITE ME

Name

Email *

Message *